A Microsoft Dynamics AX workflow task is a single unit of work that must be performed. A workflow may contain one or more tasks.
The following procedure describes how to create a new workflow task in the AOT.
To create a workflow task
- In the AOT, expand the Workflow node.
- Right-click the Tasks node, and then click Add-Ins > Task wizard. The Workflow wizard is displayed. This wizard will help you create a new workflow task.
- Click Next.
- Set the following values for the wizard.
The name that will be used for the workflow task.
The class that defines the workflow document for which you are creating a task.
This setting must match the Document property setting used in the workflow type for the task.
Document preview field group
The initial set of fields displayed in the unified work list. Select a field group from the root table specified in the Workflow document that you selected. The Workflow document value must be set before you can select a field group.
Document menu item
Choose the menu item that points to the main form that displays the document for which you are creating a workflow task.
Document web menu item
Choose the web menu item that points to the Enterprise Portal page that displays the document for which you are creating a workflow task.
- Specify which types of menu items you want to create. You can create menu items for the Microsoft Dynamics AX client, web menu items for Enterprise Portal, or items for both.
- Click Next.
- Define the task outcomes. For each outcome that you want to support, supply a Name for the outcome. The name cannot contain spaces. Specify the Type for the outcome. Choose one of the following types:
- Complete - Completes the workflow task and continues the workflow forward.
- Return - Returns the task to the originator for changes and then resubmission back to workflow.
- RequestChange - Sends the task to a specified user for changes and then resubmission back to workflow.
- Deny - Completes the task as denied and continues the workflow forward.
Each task must have one outcome of type Complete.
- After you have finished defining the outcomes, click Next. A list of all of the resources that will be created for the workflow task is displayed.
- Click Finish to create the resources. The wizard will create classes, menu items, web menu items, the task, and a project that contains all of the items.
- A dialog box will be displayed that indicates the status. Click OK. The project that contains the workflow type resources is displayed.
After a workflow task is created, you can add the workflow task to the Supported Elements node of a workflow type.