When you create a workflow type in Microsoft Dynamics AX, it must be assigned to a workflow category. The workflow category determines whether a workflow type is available in a specific module. If an appropriate workflow category does not already exist, you must create one.
For example, a workflow type for a customer invoice should not be available in the Master planning module. To make the workflow type available only in the Customer module, create a workflow category with the Customer module selected.
The following procedure describes how to create a new workflow category.
To create a workflow category
- In the AOT, expand the Workflow node.
- Right-click the Workflow Categories node, and then click New Workflow Category. A new workflow category group displays under the Workflow Categories node.
- Right-click the new workflow category and then click Properties.
- In the Properties sheet, set the following properties as required.
The name that is used to reference the workflow category.
The label used for the workflow category in the user interface.
The description of the workflow category displayed in the configuration user interface.
The module that the workflow will be available in. The default is Ledger.
After a workflow category is created, you can bind the workflow type to the new category. Typically, this is performed by the Workflow Wizard. The following procedure describes how to manually bind a workflow type to a workflow category.
To bind a workflow type to a workflow category
- In the AOT, expand the Workflow node, and then expand the Workflow Types node.
- Right-click the workflow type that you want to bind a workflow category to, and then select Properties.
- In the Properties sheet, set the Category property to the workflow category created in the previous procedure.