You can remove a model from a model store. However, it is recommend remove a model only if you want to permanently delete it.
You can use either Windows PowerShell cmdlets or the AXUtil command-line utility to perform this task.
Deletion of a model or layer may cause significant loss of business data, and also loss of metadata. When you run a command to delete a model, we recommend that you use the –Details or /verbose parameter to list the elements that may be deleted. In this way, you can determine the effect of the deletion on your environment.
· Business data may be lost if the database schema is changed. The database schema is changed when tables or fields are removed.
· Element IDs may be lost. If element IDs are lost, existing business data may become invalid.
· Orphaned metadata elements in other models or layers are deleted.
If you want to upgrade a model or replace a model with a newer version, we recommend that you import the model over the existing model. For more information about how to import models, see How to: Export and Import a Model. We recommend this approach, because element IDs and element handles are assigned at installation. Therefore, if you delete a model, and then reimport that model or a newer version of it, element IDs and element handles are randomized, and data integrity can be affected. For more information about element IDs and element handles, see Maintaining Installation-Specific Element IDs and Element Handles.
- Validate that you have appropriate permissions to work with the model store:
- Administrative permissions on the local computer
- System Administrator rights in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- In Microsoft SQL Server:
- Membership in the Securityadmin server role on the SQL Server instance
- Membership in the db_owner role in the Microsoft Dynamics AX database
Uninstall a model (Windows PowerShell)
- On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Dynamics AX Management Shell.
- At the Windows PowerShell command prompt, PS C:\>, type the following command, and then press ENTER.
Uninstall-AXModel -Model <Modelname>
This command uninstalls the specified model. By default, a confirmation request is displayed.
For more information, see Uninstall-AXModel.
Uninstall a model (AXUtil)
- On the Start menu, click Command prompt.
- Navigate to the directory for the management utilities. Typically, the location of this directory is %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\ManagementUtilities.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER.
4. axutil delete /model:<name>