Configure security settings in Microsoft Dynamics AX
Complete the following tasks in Microsoft Dynamics AX:
• Determine which reports each Microsoft Dynamics AX role should have access to.
• Verify that each Microsoft Dynamics AX role has the correct duties and privileges assigned to it in order to access the reports.
• Assign users to Microsoft Dynamics AX roles.
• Secure the data shown in reports.
Configure security settings in Reporting Services Complete the following tasks in Reporting Services:
• Assign users to the DynamicsAXBrowser role in Reporting Services.
For detailed instructions about how to assign users to Reporting Services roles, refer to my post (How to: Grant User Access to a Report Server).
• Identify the account that is used to run the Application Object Server (AOS) service and the account that is used as the Business Connector proxy. Assign those accounts to the DynamicsAXBrowser role in Reporting Services.
• Restrict access to report folders and reports. Reporting Services includes security features and tools that you should use to help control access to report folders and published reports. Refer to the SQL Server documentation on MSDN for detailed conceptual information and step-by-step tutorials that will help you administer
security in Reporting Services.