We have recently released the new version for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Data Import/Export Framework as part of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 CU7. We received lot of requests to get the new version for AX 2012 R2 (Base R2 and/or CU1, CU6, hotfixes) without taking full CU7. To make this happen, we have released an application hotfix for DIXF which can be installed on AX 2012 R2 (Base R2 and/or CU1, CU6, hotfixes). The hotfix does not contain the binary files for the Data Import/Export Framework. You must install the binary files for the Data Import/Export Framework by using the CU7 update installer.
The application hotfix contains the application files for the version of the Data Import/Export Framework that was released with cumulative update 7.
Important: This hotfix does not contain the binary files for the Data Import/Export Framework. You must install the binary files for the Data Import/Export Framework by using the CU7 update installer.
To install the Data Import/Export Framework:
- Install this hotfix using the installer that it ships with.
- Complete the software update checklist.
You must install the binary files for the Data Import/Export Framework by using the CU7 update installer.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7 (KB2885603 )
Install Data import export framework Client, AOS and Service components.
CU 7: Install the Data Import/Export Framework (binary)
As of cumulative update 7, you can install the Data Import/Export Framework from the update installer. For an overview of the Data Import/Export Framework, see Data import/export framework user guide ( (DIXF, DMF).
If you have previously installed the Data Import/Export Framework from InformationSource, you must fully uninstall it before installing again with cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. This includes removing all binary files by using Add/Remove Programs, and the uninstalling Data Import/Export Framework model. For more information see How to: Remove (Uninstall) a Model.
- Browse to the location where you extracted the files for the update, and then double-click AxUpdate.exe.
- On the Welcome to Microsoft Dynamics AX Update Setup page, click Next.
- On the Software license terms page, review the license terms, and then click Accept and continue.
- On the Select packages to update page, select the components of the Data Import/Export Framework that can be installed on the local computer, and then click Next.
- The prerequisite validation check runs. Address any issues that the prerequisite check finds outside the installer, and then restart the validation check. When all prerequisites have been found, click Next.
- If you are installing on the computer that runs Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, specify a service account and the version of SQL Server that is running. We recommend that you use the AOS service account.
If you are installing on the AOS computer, specify the name of the server that is running SQL Server Integration Services.
- On the Review updates to be installed page, click Next.
- On the Ready to install page, review the summary, select the Automatically restart the AOS instances after installation check box, and then click Install.
- After the installation is completed, verify that the updates were installed successfully, and then exit the wizard.
Imparted from here